March 7, 2013 in Networking
I was recently given a SonicWALL NSA 220, so I figured I would post some on the initial setup and configurations. The first one will be assigning a static IP to the NSA 220. At this time I have already went through the out of the box setup but after this I plan on resetting the unit and recording that OOB setup too.
Setting Static IP
1. Login to the SonicWALL Management Interface. (If you are configuring the SonicWALL for the first time, the default Lan IP is http://192.168.168.168)
2. Click the Network > Interfaces tab.
3. Click Configure for the LAN interface (X0 by default.), the Edit Interface window is displayed.
4. Under Mode / IP Assignment, choose static from the drop down menu. Enter your static IP address and Subnet Mask.
7. If you want to enable remote management of the SonicWALL security appliance from this interface, select the supported management protocol(s):
HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, Ping, SNMP, and/or SSH.
8. If you want to allow selected users with limited management rights to log in to the security appliance, select HTTP and/or HTTPS in User Login.
9. Click OK and check to see if the settings have been updated.